Wednesday 20 May 2009

Tonight, tomorrow and last night

Oi oi, you lucky people.

Tonight we've got something new for Newquay. I'm doing Open Mic down The Chy from 10pm. Those good folks are putting on all you can eat ribs for £10, up in the restaurant. I hope when you've filled up you'll come downstairs and see me and my friends providing sweet sounds. Even if you're not my friend, I'm sure you'll be all right to get up and play. That's not to say many people in this town aren't my friends. There'll be a drink for everyone who gets up and plays, as well as some promos for you less musically able people.

After that (I don't know what time we'll be going on til yet), there's quid bottles over at On The Rocks, where there will probably be a band of spotty teenagers attempting to play whatever it is they play. I also know it's a few peoples' birthdays, so there's going to be a lot of pound bottles put away tonight.

Tomorrow is Thursday, which means Belushi's has its Open Mic. This week and next it'll be hosted by myself. Adam is off on tour (like the Rock n Roll legend he is). We all wish him the best of luck.

If last night was anything to go by, we shouldn't have to. Adam played a blinder at the Walkabout Open Mic (props to Ben and Foxy), and there was some sweet tunes by some less familiar faces. (Good work from the dude who played the right-hander left-handed. I'll have to find your name out so I can credit you properly.)

Speaking of last night, I don't think I've eaten since then. It's probably time to stuff something down my face. I've got work to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment