Monday 4 May 2009

Insert musical pun here

I could've gone with Last Nite, the Strokes, or Sunday, Bloody Sunday, U2. I'm sure there are more. I digress. It's 06:22, I'm stoned, it's a short one:

Well blow me, that was a good night.

It wasn't as packed as the herd of Monday night Local's Night, but this Bank Holiday Sunday has come up with a sweet ass night all the same.

(Which is more the benefit of the poor souls who fill you with alcohol.)

The music was sublime, from Falmouth's Hong Kong Ping Pong to Australia's own, here to fill in for A-Skills, in the country for three dates, Nick Thayer. The man was fucking sick, to the extent that I took a considerable amount out of my tip jar and made him a bad ass drink for his performance. OTFH. A ripping two hour set, went in a minute.

Tonight didn't provide any of the usual toilet unclogging, spill mopping, jackass customers, dumbass questions ('Snakebite and black please,' pour the drink, 'hold the black.'). This one has been a pleasure to service.

I'll let you know when the next one is.

No comments:

Post a Comment