Friday 22 May 2009

All sorts of shit going on

Whoop, yeah! Run To The Sun!



Having yet to devise a way of making sarcasm legible in text, I'll just point out its appearance in the previous sentence.

Yes, this weekend is the Whitsun Bank Holiday weekend that all of us local types love to hate. If there was ever a global dickhead convention, this would be it. What started off many years ago as a Volkswagen convention, has turned into the town's first major scale gathering of alcohol and hormonally fueled wankers.

Anywho...

There's loads of shit going on in bars and clubs. There's even a new club Pure, which is located on the Indian burial grounds that used to be Tall Trees. Best of luck to them in trying to keep it open for more than five minutes.

All you have to do to find out what's going on where, is walk down the high street. You'll be bombarded by reps from pubs, clubs and bizarre pub crawl/promotions companies. Really, how hard is it to organise a pub crawl in Newquay yourself? Oh yeah, I forgot whom we're talking about. By around 10pm I'm sure the streets will be covered by a layer of multicoloured flyers; as well as vomit and fast food.

What I'd go and check out, if I could: not a lot.

The Koola has the Utah Saints playing a DJ set. Bit before my time really. On Sunday they've got Radio 1's Jaguar Skills and my favourite Hong Kong Ping Pong. Also on Sunday, hopefully a little earlier, Belushi's have got Black Friday who'll be playing some crazy ass folk-punk. I'm gutted that I'm going to miss them again. They played a stormer last time they came to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment